首页 > 英语 > 生活英语 > 正文 返回 打印

着迷英语900句 Book1-3

  2009-03-22 14:38:44  互联网

      MR. NIKZAD: Come, Ali! The restaurant''s over here. 阿里,来, 餐馆就在这.
MRS. NIKZAD: Come along, Ali. Good-bye, sir. Thank you for your help. 快来, 阿里. 先生再见, 谢谢你的帮忙.
ALI: Bye-bye, ice cream man. 拜拜, 卖冰淇淋的先生.
BILL: Good-bye, Ali. See you after lunch. 阿里,再见, 午餐後再碰头.
WAITER: Here are your cocktails. 这是二位的鸡尾酒.
MR. CRAWFORD: Thank you. 谢谢.
WAITER: The sherry? 雪利酒是哪一位的?
MRS. CRAWFORD: For me, thank you. 我的, 谢谢.
WAITER: And the martini is for you, sir? 这杯马丁尼该是先生的吧?
MR. CRAWFORD: Yes, thank you. 是的, 谢谢.
WAITER: May I take your order now? 二位要不要点菜?
MR. CRAWFORD: Please. 好的.
WAITER: The lobster is very good today. 今天的龙虾很不错.
MR. CRAWFORD: Dear? 亲爱的, 怎麽样?
MRS. CRAWFORD: Oh, a fruit salad, please. 噢, 请给我一客水果沙拉.
WAITER: Certainly. And you, sir? 好的. 先生您呢?
MR. CRAWFORD: The lobster, and a salad, please. 请来个龙虾和沙拉.
WAITER: Thank you. Wine, sir? 好的, 先生要不要叫一点葡萄酒?
MR. CRAWFORD: Wine, dear? 亲爱的, 要不要酒?
MRS. CRAWFORD: No, not for me. 不, 我不要.
MR. CRAWFORD: No, thank you. 不要, 谢谢.
WAITER: Very good, sir. 好的, 先生.
PAUL Hey, Joana. Why aren''t you ready? It''s almost 7 o''clock! 嗨, 琼娜! 你怎麽还没准备好? 快七点了!
JOANA: I''m sorry, Paulo. I''m not going. I have to study. 对不起, 保罗. 我不去了, 我要念书.
PAUL But you can study later. Don''t you want to go? 念书可以待会儿再念, 你不想去吗?
JOANA: No, not really. I don''t like dinner parties. 嗯, 我不太想去, 我不喜欢宴会.
PAUL But what can I tell the Crawfords? 那麽我怎麽跟郭佛夫妇说呢?
JOANA: Tell them I''m sick. 告诉他们说我不舒服.
PAUL But you aren''t sick. Come on, Joana. I don''t like to lie. 可是你没有不舒服呀! 拜托, 琼娜, 我不喜欢撒谎.
JOANA: And I don''t like to go to dinner parties. 我不喜欢参加宴会.
PAUL Come on, Joana. You can''t say "no" to the Crawfords. 琼娜帮个忙, 你不能拒绝郭佛家人的邀请.
JOANA: My English is so bad, and they don''t speak Portuguese. 我的英文那麽差, 而他们又不会说葡萄牙文.
PAUL Your English is fine. And you have a good accent. 你的英文很好, 而且你的发音很标准.
JOANA: Do you really think so? 你真的这样认为吗?
PAUL Yes, I do. And you can practice your English at the party. 是的, 我真的这样认为. 何况你参加宴会, 又可以练习说英文.
JOANA: You''re so confident. 你倒很有信心.
PAUL Then you''re coming? 这麽说, 你是要去了.
JOANA: No, Paulo. I don''t want to go. 不, 保罗, 我还是不想去.
PAUL Please, Joana. Do it for me. For my career. 琼娜, 我求你, 就算是为我好了, 为了我的前途
JOANA: Who''s that? 是谁啊?
PAUL He''s here. Please, Joana, for me. The door''s open! Come in! 他来了, 琼娜请帮我开开门. 门没锁, 请进!
MICHAEL: Hi, Paulo. 嗨, 保罗.
PAUL Hello, Michael. Do you know my sister, Joana? 嗨, 迈克尔. 你认不认识我妹妹琼娜?
MICHAEL: No, I don''t. 不认识.
PAUL Joana, I want you to meet Michael Crawford. He''s driving us to his parents'' party. 琼娜, 介绍一下, 这是迈克尔?郭佛. 他要载我们去参加他父母的宴会.
JOANA: How do you do? 你好.
MICHAEL: It''s a pleasure to meet you Joana. 琼娜, 很高兴认识 .
PAUL I''m ready, but Joana... 我已经准备好了, 但是琼娜她...
JOANA: Oh, Paulo. Just five more minutes. Sorry to keep you waiting. 噢, 保罗, 再五分钟就好了. 对不起, 让你等.
MICHAEL: Don''t apologize. I''m happy you''re coming. 不用道歉, 我很高兴你们来参加.
MR. CRAWFORD: Michael. 迈克尔.
MICHAEL: Yes, Dad. 爸爸, 什麽事?
MR. CRAWFORD: We have to talk. 我们必须谈一谈.
MICHAEL: Oh? What about? 哦? 谈什麽?
MR. CRAWFORD: The business, son. 谈有关公司的事.
MICHAEL: What about it? 公司怎麽样?
MR. CRAWFORD: It''s growing. I want an assistant, and... 公司在扩大业务, 我需要一个助手, 而...
MICHAEL: And you want me. 而您需要我.
MR. CRAWFORD: Yes. I''m 57. Soon... 对, 我已经五十七岁了, 没多久...
MICHAEL: Dad. You know I''m an artist. 爸爸, 你知道我是个艺术家.
MR. CRAWFORD: I don''t understand. 我不了解.
MICHAEL: I know you don''t. 我知道你不了解.
MR. CRAWFORD: You''re 29. You''re intelligent. 你二十九岁, 又很有头脑.
MICHAEL: And I want to paint. 我要画画.
MR. CRAWFORD: That''s a hobby, not a career. 那是一种嗜好, 不是一种职业.
MICHAEL: What about Michelangelo or Picasso? Was it a hobby for them, too? 米开朗基罗跟毕加索呢? 画画对他们来讲也是一种嗜好吗?
MR. CRAWFORD: No. Of course not. But... 不是, 当然不是, 可是...
MICHAEL: But what? Maybe I''m not Picasso. But I have to try. Give me a year. One more year. 可是怎麽样? 我固然不是毕加索, 可是我不能不试一试. 再给我一年的时间好了, 一年.
FRIEND: Don''t cry, Laura. You don''t have to work there. 劳拉你不要哭, 你不一定要在那里工作.
LAURA: But I need the money! 可是我不能喝西北风! (可是我需要钱呀!)
FRIEND: Why don''t you look for a new job? 你为什麽不找一份新的工作?
LAURA: Where? How? I don''t know my way around New York. I feel lost. 到哪里找? 怎麽找? 我对纽约不熟, 我感到茫然.
FRIEND: What''s wrong with the job, Laura? What don''t you like about it? 劳拉, 那份工作哪里不好? 你是哪一点不喜欢呢?
LAURA: My boss. I don''t understand him. 我的老板, 我不了解他.
FRIEND: What don''t you understand? 你哪一点不了解?
LAURA: I don''t think he''s human. 我觉得他不是

人.
FRIEND: What do you mean? 我不懂?
LAURA: For him, business is everything. Business is his life. 对他来说, 生意就是一切, 生意就是他的生命.
FRIEND: Oh, Laura. He can''t be so bad. 噢, 劳拉, 他不可能那麽差劲.
LAURA: Oh, yes he is. He''s a machine. 他的确那麽差劲. 他像机器一样.
LAURA: No friendly words, no smiles, no little compliments. Nothing. Just business. 从来不说一声友善的话, 从来不微笑, 从来不称赞人家一下. 什麽都没有, 就只有生意.
LAURA: He isn''t human. 他没有人性.
FRIEND: What about your work? You like it, don''t you? 你的工作怎麽样? 你喜欢, 对不对?
LAURA: Yes, I do. And I know I''m a good secretary, but... 是的, 我喜欢. 而且我知道我是个好秘书, 可 是...
FRIEND: But what? 可是怎麽样?
LAURA: To him, I am nothing. A machine. A late machine. I am not a machine. 我在他的眼里一文不值, 是部机器. 一部过时的机器, 但我不是机器!
FRIEND: Why don''t you talk to him? 你为什麽不和他说呢?
LAURA: Because he''s impossible. Leopards don''t change their spots. I have to look for a new job. 因为他不可理喻, 本性难移. 我必须找份新工作.


 




/yy/4/e3128.html