首页 > 英语 > 生活英语 > 正文 返回 打印

着迷英语900句 Book3-5

  2009-03-22 14:38:59  互联网

      : Dear Mama, 亲爱的妈妈:
: There is so much to tell you, Mama. 我要和您说的事情太多.
: Everything here seems different, but, at the same time, everything seems the same. 这里的一切, 都好像不一样. 可是, 在同样的时间, 每件事情又似乎是相同的.
: Yesterday was a good example. 昨天就是一个很好的例子.
: At 7:00 the alarm clock rang and woke us up. 闹钟在七点钟时叫醒了我们,
: I turned on the radio, and we listened to the news. 我打开了收音机, 我们收听新闻报导.
: But the news is in English, not Spanish. 可是, 那是英语新闻, 不是西班牙文.
: For breakfast, we have coffee and bread, but the coffee and bread don''t taste the same as they do at home. 我们早餐吃面包喝咖啡, 可是这里的面包、咖啡跟家里所吃的味道却不一样.
: Even the water tastes different! 就连自来水的味道都不一样呢!
: At 9:00 I left the house. 我九点钟出门.
: At night, after dinner, we talked and watched television. 晚上吃晚餐以后我们聊天看电视.
: The movies here are the same: war stories, westerns, and mysteries. 此地的影片千篇一律: 有战争片、西部片和侦探片.
: At about 9:30 one of Pedro''s friends stopped in to say hello. 大概九点半左右, 佩德罗的一个朋友进来寒喧了一下,
: At about 11:00 Pedro called each one of his twenty girlfriends to say good night and told each one a different story. 大约在十一点左右, 佩德罗给他二十个女朋友一个一个的打电话道晚安, 并分别说了二十个不同的故事给她们听.
: I like Pedro more and more. 我越来越喜欢佩德罗.
: I learn a little more English every day. 我每天都学到了一些英语,
: Yesterday, I learned the word "embarrassed." 我昨天学会了 "尴尬" 这个字.
: love, Miguel 儿, 米盖尔上
: PS You asked for a photograph. Here it is. 再启: 您向我要的照片随函附上一张.
: The girl next to me is Marta. She lives upstairs. 在我旁边那个女孩子叫玛它, 她住在我的楼上.
: My father died the year I was born. 我爸爸在我出世的那年去世了,
: Life was difficult in Spain in those years. 那个年头, 在西班牙谋生很不容易.
: My mother decided to move to Mexico because people said things were easier there. And there was no reason to stay in Barcelona. 我妈妈因为听说在墨西哥生活比较容易, 所以决定搬到那边去, 而认为没有理由留在巴塞隆纳.
: It broke my mother''s heart to leave, but it also broke her heart to stay. 我妈妈不舍得走, 可是又不愿留下.
: She sold her diamond ring, the only thing she had, and bought two tickets to Mexico. 她把她唯一的财产钻戒卖掉, 而买了两张到墨西哥的船票.
: There, in Mexico, I forgot yesterday''s miseries. 到了墨西哥以后, 我把过去的困苦境遇都忘掉,
: After all, I was only a child. 毕竟当时我还只是个小孩子.
: But our new life was not like my mother''s golden dreams. 可是我们的新生活并没有我妈妈想像的那么美.
: I grew up and had to go to work. 我长大后, 就必须去作事,
: I was very unhappy. 我非常的不快乐.
: We were poor and alone in the world. 在这个世界上我们既穷又孤单.
: At eighteen, I married an older man. 十八岁那年, 我嫁给一个年纪比较大的男人.
: He had a little money, and I spent a few happy years with him. 他有一点钱, 我和他过了几年快乐的日子,
: I got new clothes and lived in a fine house. 我买了很多新衣服, 并住在一栋很漂亮的房子里.
: But I didn''t love him, and I think he knew it, too. 不过, 我并不爱他, 我想他也知道.
: It wasn''t his fault. He wasn''t a bad husband. 这不是他的过失, 他并不是一个不好的丈夫,
: He wanted a quiet life and a big family. 他希望日子过得很平静, 及子女生得很多.
: I didn''t. We fought about it and made each other miserable. 而我不要, 我们为了这件事而吵架, 弄得彼此都很苦闷.
: Finally we got a divorce. After that I came to New York. 最后我们离婚了, 离婚后我就到纽约来了.
: My dear husband, Francisco, 我亲爱的丈夫法兰西斯哥:
: I miss you, my dear, but we are happy and healthy, and the children send their love. 亲爱的, 我真想念你, 我们都很愉快很健康. 孩子们都向你问好.
: Paulo is busy every minute. 保罗时时刻刻的忙着,
: He is just like you, so sensible, maybe too sensible. 他跟你一样, 脚踏实地. 也许他过度脚踏实地,
: He thinks about business all the time. 一天到晚想着生意的事情,
: He doesn''t have any real friends here. 在这里他没有什么真正的朋友.
: Joana is growing up before my eyes. 琼娜在我眼前迅速长大,
: Every day she grows more mature, less shy, and more confident. 她一天比一天成熟, 没有以前害羞, 比以前更有自信.
: She''s getting serious about art again, so she''s going to take some courses at one of the schools here. 她又对艺术认真起来, 因此打算在此地的一所学校进修.
: She''s talented, but not very patient. She has a lot to learn. 她有天分, 但没有多大耐心, 还有许多事情有待学习.
: I am enjoying the Fair, but most of all, I am enjoying the children. 我很喜欢到万博会玩, 但是, 带给我最大的乐趣, 还是孩子们,
: I am very proud of them. 我真以他们为傲.
: At first, Joana was nervous about her English, but now she is almost fluent. 琼娜当初耽心她的英文不够好, 可是现在几乎和美国人一样流利了.
: As a matter of fact, she is teaching me! 事实上, 她还教我呢!
: So, my dear, how are you? 亲爱的, 你还好吗?
: How are things at home? I miss you. 家里的情形怎么样? 我真想念你,
: I read and reread all your letters. 你的信, 我都看了又看.
: Your devoted wife, 你挚爱的妻
: Alicia 爱丽霞上


 




/yy/4/e3157.html