首页英语阅读阅读排行网站地图

WTO英语900句(3)

2009-03-22 生活英语 来源:互联网 作者:
we can accept.

您知道,问题是我们正处在世纪之交,千年虫让我们担忧。所以为保险起见,我们只接受现金。

Will you still ask for cash in the future, I mean, after we enter the new century?

将来,我是说进入新世纪以后,你们仍然要现金吗?

I''m sorry. I have to think it over. As you are probably aware, the international money market is not so stable nowadays.

很抱歉,我得好好考虑考虑。您可能有所警觉,当前国际货币市场不太稳定。

Don’t you trust me? I believe that our pleasant cooperation over the years has proved us trustworthy partners.

您难道不相信我吗?我相信过去几年的愉快合作已经证明,我们都是值得信赖的业务伙伴。

Yes, I know it. But I’m not worrying about your reliability …

这我知道,但我担心的不是你的信誉……

reliability : state or quality of being reliable 可靠(性); 可信(性)

Let’s consider another way, say, letter of credit. Do you think that’s acceptable?

那么我们来考虑另一种方式,比如说信用证,您认为可以接受吗?

A letter of credit should have been all right. But as you know, interest rates are changing from minute to minute. And we can not be assured that …

信用证本来是可以的。但您知道,利率时刻都在变化,不能保证我们…

Then when is the earliest shipment we can expect?

那么最早什么时候可以装运呢?

By the middle of October, I think.

我想要到十月中旬。

It''s too late. You see, November is the season for this commodity in our market, and our Customs formalities are rather complicated.

那太迟了。你知道,在我们那儿十一月是这个商品上市季节,另外我们的海关手续相当复杂。

I understand.

我明白。

In terms of payment, would you like to accept D/P?

付款方式方面,您愿意接受付款交单吗?

As I just said, it''s a long-distance transportation. I really don''t want to take any chances.

我刚才说过,货物要经过长途运输,我实在不想任何冒险。

You need have no fears about that.

你不用担心。

Well, I suppose there is no other choice.

好吧,看来只能这样了。

Now that we''ve settled the terms of payment, is it possible to effect shipment during September?

我们已经谈妥了付款条件。是否能在九月份装运?

now conj ~ (that)... because of the fact (that)... 由于...; 既然...:

* Now (that) you mention it, I do remember the incident. 经你一提, 我想起那件事了.

* Now you''ve passed your test you can drive on your own. 你驾驶考试既已合格, 就可以独自开车了.

I don''t think we can.

我看不行。

But we''re only talking about shirts. They''re not fragile goods. Besides, cartons are light and easy to handle.

但我们讲的是衬衣。衬衣不是易碎物品。而且纸箱轻便,容易搬运。

fragile: / ''frжd3ail; US -d3l; `frжd3эl/

Well, I just mean they''re easily breakable.

我是说纸箱容易破裂。

There''s no need to worry. We can reinforce the cartons with straps.

这个不用担心。我们可以用条带加固。

reinforce : make (sth) stronger by adding material, etc (以添加材料等)加固(某物):

* reinforce the sleeves of a jumper, eg with elbow patches 在套头毛衣肘部加补钉

* reinforce a wall, bridge, dyke, etc 把墙、 桥、 堤坝等加固.

Look, these goods will have to go a long way before they arrive at our port. What if dampness gets into the package?

但这些货物必须经过长途运输才能抵达我港。包装受潮怎么办?

damp :adj (-er, -est) not completely dry; slightly wet 不完全乾燥的; 潮湿的:

* damp clothes 潮湿的衣服 * a damp surface 潮湿的表面

* Don''t sleep between damp sheets. 睡觉时不要用潮湿的被褥.

All the cartons are lined with plastic sheets, so they''re absolutely water-proof, I can assure you.

所有纸箱都内衬塑料袋,我可以保证绝对防水。

Most of them do. But the background color should be a little lighter.

大多数人是的。但底色好象应该再淡一些。

No problem. What do you think of our logo?

好。你觉得我们的标识怎么样?

logo / ''lэugэu; `lo.go/ n (pl ~s) printed symbol designed for and used by a business, company, etc as its emblem, eg in advertising (企业、公司等的)专用标识, 标记, 商标(如用于广告中的).

Very good. Maybe you should move it a little closer to the middle.

很好。再往中间靠一靠更好一些。

Alright. Do you have anything to say about the outer packaging?

好。外包装如何?

You mentioned cartons, didn''t you? I''m afraid cartons are not strong enough.

你说的是纸箱吧?恐怕纸箱不够牢固。

Please don''t worry. All the bags are beautifully designed to come in line with the local market preference at your end.

没问题。所有袋子都设计得很精美,符合你们当地市场的口味。

in line with sth: similar to sth; in accordance with sth 与某事物类似或一致:

* in line with the others/with the latest research 与其他的一致[根据最新的研究成果

Have you got any samples here? I''d prefer to have a look.

这儿有没有样品?

Here you are.

请看。

It does look good. Especially the little swan.

确实漂亮。尤其是这个小天鹅。

Thank you. We understand that your people regard swans as a symbol of good luck.

多谢。我们听说你们那儿的人把天鹅当成幸运物。 Waterloo bridge : lucky charm

Thank you. Let’s call it a deal.

谢谢。那么成交了。

Excellent.

太好了。

Can we discuss the packing today?

我们今天谈一谈包装好吗?

Sure. We usually pack our skirts individually

in polythene bags, ten dozen to one carton.

好的

┨网页设计特效库┠ http://www。z┗co⊙l。com/网页特效/